Hi! I’m Paula Long, your host and instructor. I spent over 1-1/2 years in my journey: learning, creating, and tweaking the way I use the Silhouette Cameo with metal clay. I’ve created well over a hundred jewelry and art pieces using metal clay and the Silhouette Cameo and have provided personal guidance to many metal clay artists. I love teaching others how to be successful and created this guide to reach more artists than I could otherwise. My greatest hope is that now people will be able to figuratively sit right next to me and allow me to guide them through the steps. My experience and wealth of knowledge will teach you what works, what doesn’t, and how to be successful. Thank you for your purchase; you’re helping me, an independent artist, support my family!
Enticement: I’ll teach you how I’m still using the same cutting blade since the day I got my Cameo … and … how to use the same mat over and over and over and over! The savings in blades and mats alone is worth the cost of your purchase! [ Disclaimer: my original cutting blade broke several months after the release of these videos. It was almost 1-3/4 years old. ]
“A must-have for anyone who wants to work with metal clay and the Silhouette. Paula has managed to take the guesswork out and show you step-by-step how to master this machine. Amazing and thoughtful visuals. Brilliantly produced!” ~Janice A.
“Trust me, everything you will ever want to know, from beginning to end, is in this video. Professionally and artistically presented – just like Paula always does!” ~Cameron W.
“Afraid to use your Silhouette? Paula’s detailed and easy to understand guide will soon have you confidently cutting metal clay. Extra bonus – her genius ‘tips’ will save you a small fortune in blades and mats!” ~Maria P.
- This is a collection of videos in .MP4 Format stored on a DVD Disc.
- Total Length of Videos : 3 hours | 19 Chapters
- Playable on all computers (both PC & Mac) and any device able to play .MP4 format
- Metal Clay used in videos: Goldie Bronze (the principles apply to any metal clay)
- You will be mailed 19 videos on a disc (which happens to be a DVD due to its greater storage capacity). To access the files, you’ll need a computer with a DVD drive (a CD drive will not read a DVD!).
- All video files (filename.mp4) are listed numerically on the disc and thus, are in play order. To start, play the first video file (”0-Title & Intro.mp4”) and when finished watching, close the file and open the next file (”1-Cutting Chapter 1.mp4”) until through with all videos.
Chapter names are shown on the insert inside the disc’s case.
- All data files (Supporting Document.pdf and all Studio files) are contained in the folder named “Documents.”
- Please make a backup of the files contained on the disc to prevent the chance of damage to the disc.
- I recommend the software “VLC” for playing .MP4 files on a computer. If you do not have “VLC” and would like to download it, visit: VLC for Windows and click “other systems” below the “Download VLC” orange button for Macs and other operation systems.